Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chocolate Vita-Mix Pudding



This quick to make and satisfies that 'must have chocolate now' feeling without doing too much damage to the diet


This is a modified version of the Vita-Mix Cookbook pudding recipe

2 cups steaming milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
5 Tbs flour
1 egg (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp butter
2 Tbs good quality cocoa powder
1 "mix in" piece of chocolate (about 1 oz - any flavor you like - I prefer bittersweet but have fun and mix it up)

Place hot milk, salt and sugar in Vita-Mix container. Secure lid. Select Variable speed #1. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to #10, then to high. Allow machine to run for 2 minutes. Remover lid plug and add flour, cocoa powder, and chocolate through opening. Replace plug and allow machine to run until mixture settles down and appears to be thickening - about 30 seconds. Drop egg in and run for 1 minute longer. Add butter and vanilla. Stop machine and pour into large bowl or custard cups. Chill and serve.


Almond variation

Eliminate cocoa and chocolate - add 1 cup almonds with butter and vanilla (maybe add some almond extract too)

Banana variation
Eliminate cocoa and chocolate - add 1 ripe banana with first ingredients, or line serving dishes with banana slices.

Coconut variation
Eliminate chocolate - fold in 1/2 cup shredded coconut when finished (better yet - keep the cocoa powder, put in a mounds bar, and make it chocolate coconut!)

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you found the Vita-Mix chocolate pudding recipe? My book does not have it in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the butter supposed to be melted prior to adding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I just add it out of my refregator or freezer. I cut a piece off of it and throw it in through lid. Hope that helps. I Just made vanilla pudding and add it from my freezer. It turned out great. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  3. Divine. And so easy in the Vitamix! It is delicious with banana slices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this! I have made it many times but my Vitamix reciped book is boxed somewhere from our recent move and I don't know where it is yet. I have been craving this. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does this make enough to fill 1 standard 9" pie?

    ReplyDelete